Sunday, September 11, 2011

THE Best Chocolate Chip Cookies . . . by FAR!


My daughter went on a field trip to the USS Midway and brought me home this chocolate chip cookie recipe. My husband made them today and they are THE best cookies we've ever made. SOO good!! Enjoy.

1 lb butter, cream well {that isn't a typo . . . one pound!}

2 cups granulated sugar and 2 cups brown sugar: add both to butter and cream together

2 eggs, 2 tsp. vanilla: add both to the mixture

2 tsp. baking soda, 1.5 tsp. salt, 4 cups and 8 Tbsp flour: combine these and then add to the mixture

1 bag chocolate chips {large}: stir into batter. 
{we didn't have a whole bag so we used about 1/4 bag of milk chocolate chips and 1/4 bag of white chocolate chips. In our opinion they turned out perfect!}

Spoon onto sheet and bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds simple, too :)
    I tried the NYTimes and The Chewy recipes, and I think I want to go back to a straightforward cookie - no melted butter, no gourmet chocolate chips, and no special types of flour.

    ReplyDelete